It’s my birthday and I thank HaShem for this another year He has given me. I realized that it is a great time to write down my learnings in life and to reflect as well. Of course, this is not limited to what I will be sharing below, but at least I will be sharing the gist of everything.
How do Jews celebrate their birthday?
Being called to the Torah or Aliyah
Reading Tehillim (Psalms)
Reflecting on the past year
Doing Tzedakah (Charity works)
Reciting the Shehecheyanu Blessing (Who has granted us life)
29 Things I’ve Learned in Life
- Learn to forgive yourself.
- Always make time for your family.
- Do the things you are passionate about.
- Do not be afraid to quit your job and pursue the things you love.
- Love harder.
- Eat healthy food.
- Learn a new skill from time to time.
- Pursue further studies.
- Love someone who loves your family and faith.
- Do not be afraid to commit mistakes.
- Do not dwell on the past.
- Study the Torah for it is life.
- You only live once so do not mess around.
- Always carry a sense of responsibility in everything you do.
- If you are not sure about something, do not hesitate to call a friend.
- Take good care of our nature so that the future generation can still enjoy it.
- Do not buy a cup of coffee if you will just litter the paper cup somewhere else.
- Learn to love the little things in life.
- Do the things you love, and with the people you love.
- Always make time, we all got 24 hours a day, and we are all busy so learn to manage time well.
- Do not abuse the word ‘sorry’, learn to know deeper its value.
- Live a more minimal lifestyle.
- Consider fashion as a form of art, but always buy the stuff that you can only afford.
- Save and invest money because no one else will do it for you.
- Keep your circle small yet true.
- Learn to be patient by all means.
- Believe in collaboration instead of competition.
- Always write a to-do list so that you will not miss a thing.
- Keep the FAITH!